Sunday, October 22, 2006

on THE TAPHANDLE

Guinness Draught (in a can!) by St. James's Gate Brewery

Okay, so its in a can. I tend to avoid beer in cans. I prefer to drink them in pint glasses or other glassware. I will drink from a bottle.

First, I received eight cans as a gift from a friend who was moving to Washington D.C. and didn't want to take them with her or drink them prior. (What? I don't get it either, but I am not complaining.) She knows my love of Guinness so I gladly accepted.

Second, Guinness can's have this nifty little widget that gives the can a head, which is rather important to the taste and texture of the Guinness experience. When you open the can you can hear the widget get all crazy in the depths of the can. So, the can really is intended to make sure that Guinness excites all of your senses, which it does rather well.

The Guinness itself was great, and with it being a surprise gift, this can was highly enjoyed!

No comments: