Friday, May 06, 2022

TWT in TACOMA

The start of a staycation meant wandering into Tacoma to visit some of my favorite spots.



The Red Hot. Am I one to pass up the opportunity to enjoy a Tacoma Dog (Chicago-style) with a pint of ale. I am not.

To drink I had the FRRMNT IPA blend, which was listed on my receipt as "Blend-O-Nator 5000." Whatever it was called, it was another delicious win for the blended beers The Red Hot has had on tap.

This pint was a blend of Fremont Brewing's Lush IPA and Ferment Brewing Company's IPA. It was approximately 6.5% alcohol by volume. The body was hazy, butterscotch yellow with a thin white head. The nose and tongue were biscuity bitterness, with hints of lemon, citrus peel, and butterscotch.



Hi-Voltage Records. I spent about an hour just bouncing from one bin of albums to another. A band would pop into my mind and off I would go to see what was in stock. Then another band or album and off to another bin. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.



It was record release day for Radiate Like This by Warpaint, so that's what I eventually purchased. I can report that it's a spectacular album. It's "quieter" than their previous albums. It's more vulnerable. More feminine. And I am really digging the second track, "Hips."

Update: It's turned into "Warpaint Week" during staycation. This album is so damn good. Songs just keep surfacing inside my skull, so I've got to go and give the record another spin!


And it wouldn't be a true Troy's Work Table day without books to accompany the art (music) and beer, so I also made stops at King's Books and Tacoma Book Center.

No comments: