Friday, April 17, 2015

NAPOWRIMO #17: RUSTLE

For 2015's National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo), Troy's Work Table is writing thirty poems in thirty days.

---

RUSTLE

A brisk breeze rustles the leaves of the cottonwood trees at the river’s edge. I am reminded of A God Walking in the Cool of the Evening by Mário de Carvalho, not for the content but for the title and its Edenic reference.

The changing timbre and tone of my own being brings me different visions at different times. I chime and see.

I imagine the harp of Aeolus plucked ever so gently and with deliberate measure.

I imagine the breath of the Living God drifting over the waters of the river, as though at creation, the Holy Spirit as a word spoken.

Or I imagine a dark and brooding wind, slightly chilled in the shadows when it moves out of the warmth of the sunshine.

The contrary kiss of life when I look up at the spring sky.

The song of robin and thrush and finch.

The sky filled with the snow
of plum and cherry petals.

---

Copyright © 2015 by Troy's Work Table.

No comments: