Friday, November 24, 2006

A THANKSGIVING TALE

The drive to Bremerton for Thanksgiving dinner was horrible. Holiday traffic was actually light. Conditions, though, were awful. The first half of the trip to the mother-in-law's house was in torrential rain, with a bunch of impatient drivers. The second half of the trip to the mother-in-law's house was in mixed rain and snow, which was sometimes quite heavy, also with a bunch of impatient drivers. Needless to say, I had both hands on the steering wheel all of the way over, and thought my hands were going to require surgery for removal from said wheel. I was tempted to take my favorite nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, naproxen, due to the stress having settled into my lower back, but ultimatley refrained. The return drive home was less stressful, although we had the privilege of sitting in heavy traffic at the Tacoma Narrow's bridge. Thank God for getting us back and forth in one piece!

No comments: