Friday, February 16, 2024

WHITE RIVER DISC GOLF COURSE



It's been a while since I've played at White River.

I headed out this morning in 31ºF chill and was on the course before 8:00 a.m. I had the park to myself, except for a couple of walkers. When I left, just before 9:00 a.m., it had warmed to a balmy 35ºF but the sun was shining so it somewhat countered the cold.

If there was a tree, I hit it. And this course has a LOT of trees. To my credit, though, I had a lot of chain skims and basket hits. But those don't count as in, so those extra easy shots added up.

I had an excellent time, so the cold and trees and misses were all worth it!



Hole 1 - 3
Hole 2 - 3
Hole 3 - 3
Hole 4 - 5
Hole 5 - 6
Hole 6 - 5
Hole 7 - 4
Hole 8 - 4
Hole 9 - 3
Front nine - 36 (+9)

Hole 10 - 5
Hole 11 - 4
Hole 12 - 4
Hole 13 - 3
Hole 14 - 4
Hole 15 - 3
Hole 16 - 3
Hole 17 - 4
Hole 18 - 4
Back nine - 34 (+7)

Total - 70 (+16)




Since the last time I played, they put up new signage for the "short" course (red course), which was helpful. Plus there are red arrows hanging in the trees near baskets, pointing you to the next hole. Thanks to whomever took the time, energy, and effort to make the course very navigable.

No comments: