Wednesday, January 19, 2022

ALBUM of the YEAR

ALBUM of the YEAR • 2021

It's a tie! I've listened to both of these albums in equal measure. I think each of these albums to be post-punk perfection.



Bright Green Field by Squid. As I noted when I first listened to this album: This "was seriously one of the most perfectly crazy album listening experiences ever." Multiple vocalists. Screamed vocals, at times. Horns, keyboards, and programming join guitar, bass, and drums. Song structures that collapse in the middle of tracks, only to find some form again. This band is definitely forging their own path and I like it.



New Long Leg by Dry Cleaning. This was so different than anything else I've heard in a long time. Surreal spoken word poetry meets art rock. I said plenty about this album HERE.

No comments: