Saturday, April 06, 2024

FRESH HOP



Fresh Hop Non-Alcoholic IPA by Deschutes Brewery.

12 ounce can • non-alcoholic

When in Portland...

One of my favorite restaurants is Deschutes Brewery. They think about their food and how it pairs with their beer. And they think a lot about their beer, which makes them one of my favorite breweries. So I expected this visit to be more awkward than it was.

Fortunately, their non-alcoholic version of Fresh Hop is close enough to the original that I don't miss the alcohol in it. Plus the food was top notch, as always. The medium-rare flank steak was perfectly prepared. The asparagus was some of the best I've ever had due to the seasoning, which was light by shifted the flavor just enough to be a delight on the tongue. The food and non-alcoholic beer worked well together, so my worries were unfounded.

No comments: