Friday, January 01, 2021

2020 II



As a reflective exercise to look back on 2020, as well as dispel a myth I was telling myself about the amount of art and writing I did in the past year (thinking that I wasn't really writing and creating much), I made a list of the various pieces that I produced and/or published. 2020 was the most fruitful year I have had as a writer and artist.



I made a linoleum block print for third anniversary of my mother's death ("Swim Free III" for her Feast Day).

I participated in my first August Poetry Postcard Festival.

I created new Inktopodes for Inktober.

I bought a turntable so I could listen to records I haven't been able to play for nearly two decades. (That also "jump started" the acquisition of new vinyl albums!)

I dabbled in new media and new styles of art.



All in all, 2020 was a year of growth and exploration when it came to art and writing.

No comments: