Monday, October 05, 2020

GHOSTLY SWIM 3

Ghostly Swim 3 by various artists. Fourteen tracks on two vinyl albums. Marbled neon green and bubblegum pink.

You can always find at least one good track on a compilation album. On this collection of (mostly) instrumental electronic music, there is not a bad song; four of the tracks are excellent; and there is one track that, for me, is mind blowing.

The four standout tracks are "ggowwksstane" by Bogdan Raczynski, "Potatoe Salad" by Black Noi$e, "A NUN'S VVET DREAM" by Ouri, and "Fractured" by Gábor Lázár.

The track that I can't quite shake because I can hear it playing in my head even once it ends is "Kabeljau" by LNS. Laura Sparrow is a Vancouver, BC producer, DJ, and musician and this is a crazy, upbeat, jamming tune. It ends and I pick the needle up and place it back at the beginning of the song again.

Spectacular stuff!

No comments: