Saturday, May 12, 2007

INFERNO PIZZA

The child and I found ourselves wandering among the stalls of the Puyallup Farmer's Market this morning. It is only 10:20 and people are stuffing their faces with donuts and hotdogs and burritos and pizza. I am incredulous that people are eating "lunch" at such an early hour, which means that I am muttering about it under my breath.

Then, as we continue to wander, somewhat aimlessly, I catch the scent of burning wood and cooking pizza. At 11:00 I am eating a great slice of pizza. Inferno Catering of Black Diamond made me a slice of authentic Neapolitan pizza in about two minutes. The pizza was placed in their mobile wood stove, turned four or five times to consistently heat it, and then lifted up toward the flames for about half a minute. My slice was liberated from the pizza and off we wandered again.

The child and I shared our piece of pizza, and, under my breath, I had to take back everything I previously had muttered about the other people—at least those who were eating pizza. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a nice pairing with an India Pale Ale.

No comments: