Friday, February 16, 2007

EXILE


The squirrel was reintroduced into the wild (with Troy's Work Table doing the honors, as pictured above). The chimney was covered with a grate before the squirrel was released. The wife, the child, and I all celebrated at dinner with a prayer that it never visit the inside of our home again and a toast that it is indeed gone after 48 hours of residence within our humble abode.

I have never seen a squirrel run so fast as this one did when it realized the trap door was open! Good riddance, O squirrel friend, good riddance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't use Peter Pan peanut butter as bait. My God that squirrel could be infected with salmonella. I think you should retrap it and take it to the Vet for a checkup. But check with Ursula first. He might be sleeping with the fishes.

Call me John said...

Well done, well done.