Friday, September 25, 2009

WHITE RIVER DGC BACK NINE

About the time we started to play the back nine, we could hear chains "chinging" on some of the early holes. It seems that others realized it would be perfect weather to play some disc golf—sunny and mid-60s.


Hole #10 - these stickers really were everywhere. I played this hole nicely, which gave me good position for the basket. Unfortunately, I overshot it by twenty feet, but recovered on the putt. Three throws total.


Hole #11 - the view from halfway down the fairway. It is mandatory that the trees in the center middle must be passed on the left. This is known as a mando. To not pass them on the correct side results in penalty strokes. I struggled getting around them and into a good position. Four throws total.


Hole #12 - the view from the tee. My Mirus driver curved nicely to the right on a sidearm throw from the tee. Three throws total.


Hole #13 - the view from where my first throw landed. I am about halfway between tee and basket.


Hole #13 - the view from where my second throw landed.


Hole #13 - getting ready to throw a thumber for number three. It will land twenty feet from the basket and I will putt it in for a nice recovery. Four throws total.


Hole #14 - the view from the tee. I played this hole the best that I ever have—a good straight drive, strong approach, putt it in. Three throws total.


Hole #15 - the view from the tee. My initial throw went straight down the fairway, but hit a small mound and skipped twenty feet to the left. Three throws total.


Hole #16 - the view from the tee. I had my best initial drive on this hole, which skirts the river. I struggled with some trees on throws that followed. Five throws total.


Hole #17 - the view from the tee. I threw my Valkyrie 150 gram driver too far to the left, but the farthest I have ever thrown it on any hole. Three throws total.


Hole #18 - the view from the tee. This was another hole where my disc went too far to the left on my initial drive, but farther than I usually throw. Three throws total.

---

Hole 1 - 3
Hole 2 - 4
Hole 3 - 3
Hole 4 - 4
Hole 5 - 3
Hole 6 - 3
Hole 7 - 5
Hole 8 - 3
Hole 9 - 3
Front nine - 31 (+4)

Total - 62 (+8)

No comments: