Friday, September 11, 2009

PUYALLUP FAIR


(1) The Puyallup Fair opened today. The brother, his friend, the child, and I wandered down to take in the sights and enjoy the weather along with thousands of others.


(2) This is what $16.80 of fair food looks like. The Krusty Pup belongs to the child. I should have done the same, especially since the onion burger with cheese was subpar. (And to think that I might learn something...)


(3) This is how to lose your overpriced fair lunch. The brother and his friend enjoyed this ride after their fair burgers. (They didn't lose their lunch, but easily could have in the "heavy weather" of El NiƱo.)


(4) The child was intrigued by all of the animal barns. We visited the 4-H cats, horses, miniature horses (pictured above), cows, and the ever popular "petting zoo" of domestic farm animals.


(5) I made sure that we stopped by and saw the winners of the Puyallup Fair Wine/Beer Competition at The Puget Sound Amateur Wine and Beermaking Club's booth before we departed. It would have been fun to sample some of these award-winning lagers and ales, but instead I devoured them with my eyes. Maybe I need to become a beer judge...

No comments: