Thursday, February 15, 2007

SQUIRREL ATTACK!

The wife calls me at work. The wife informs me that we need a chimney cap. Something is in our furnace. She says it is growling at her. Long story short: she opens the furnace and out comes a very upset squirrel. The squirrel is in the house. Eventually, it ends up under the bed. It is hopping about, rather crazy from being trapped in a furnace and then subjected to the company of humans in their home, when it simply wants to be outside eating hazelnuts. The squirrel retreats to a very shallow crawl space under the floorboards adjacent to the bedroom of the wife and I. It is growling quite loudly when we approach. I can see the squirrel, but it is right behind both our water heater and a good size block of wood, and it is staying put.

Needless to say, we are sleeping in the living room because there is no way to keep it from coming into the bedroom, if it so desires. The wife is on the couch. I was on the floor, but am now awake waiting for home improvement stores to open so I can go and purchase a squirrel trap. I believe that this is one of those times when I am reminded that nature always finds a way of letting us know that it is ever present.

1 comment:

Call me John said...

This made me laugh.
Let me know how things go.

P.S Trail mix works, it was tested and verified by me on a camping trip a couple of years back.