Tuesday, May 17, 2016

GRASP


Step 1. Photographic "sketch" for "Grasp/Star Hand."


Step 2. Pencil sketch for "Grasp/Star Hand." Pencil on paper. 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".


"Grasp/Star Hand" by Troy's Work Table. Tempera paint, sidewalk chalk, and chalk pastels on chalkboard. Tuesday 17 May 2016. 22" x 22".

A layer of tempera paint is applied on the chalkboard in the shapes I want and allowed to dry. Then I add details in sidewalk chalk and chalk pastels.

---

Each step gets a bit further from "in real life" and as it does flattens out a bit more, but I love each of these steps it its own right.

My muse had insisted that I chalk another larger-scale version of "Pluck" in sidewalk chalk at Frost Park, but I had something else in mind. I was very unhappy with the resulting chalk piece, but I should have known better than to disobey my muse. Anyway, she requested later in the day that I do a companion "hand" piece to "Pluck," so I did. The muse was happy! (And so was I.)

No comments: