Friday, March 14, 2014

BLACK PSALMS

Tonight, I headed off to King's Books to listen to Dennis Caswell read some of his poems as part of Puget Sound Poetry Connection's Distinguished Writer Series.

Dennis was witty and very present. His poems, many from his book Phlogiston, and a few he had never read before an audience, were erudite and tongue-in-cheek, intelligent and playful. He and his work were both everything I hope for in a poet and poems.

---

I also read three poems during the open mic that followed. I read three of my recent "black psalms," all of which will be published in Les Sar'zine #8: the "Mirrors" issue at the end of March 2014. I made some minor edits (from how they will appear in print) to "Black," "Parkinson's," and "Ink" before reading them. They seemed to be fairly well received.

---

If you want to get your hands on a copy of "Ink: Black Psalms and Other Poems," then head up to the APRIL Festival's small press book fair/independent publishing expo at Hugo House on Saturday 29 March 2014 and visit the Les sardines table. You may even get to meet me in person.

No comments: