Friday, October 18, 2013

FROST PARK: DEMONS GALORE


"Woodcut Demons (After Posada and Goya)" by Troy's Work Table. Frost Park Chalk Off Challenge 6:29. Friday 18 October 2013.


"Extra Demons" by Troy's Work Table. Frost Park Chalk Off Challenge 6:29. Friday 18 October 2013.

I've been studying the woodcut work of José Guadalupe Posada and the engraving work of Francisco Goya (especially his Los desastres de la guerre series). Each contains demons, and I found compelling pieces within the work of each artist that I thought I would be able to translate into chalk. "Woodcut Demons" contains two plays on Posada demons and one play on a Goya demon. "Extra Demons" are based upon pencil sketches of my own imagining.

These pieces came fast upon the concrete and were fun to draw. Now that these demons have been exorcised from my mind and exercised upon the walls of Frost Park, I can move onto something else. Or so I hope...

No comments: