Sunday, September 26, 2010

SOME NEW THINGS

Some new links have been added. You can visit them at the following links now or visit them later in the sidebar.

Under "BOOKS - Litblogs"
* A Common Reader
I like that the author reads and then writes about what interests him. As the tagline of his blog states: "...reading for my own pleasure rather than to impart knowledge or to correct the opinions of others." That is a refreshing stance.

Under "BEER - Craft Beer Adventures"
* The Pour Fool
This Seattle PI blogger writes mostly about wine. However, the beer reviews are well-written and informative, even if somewhat infrequent.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Troy,

Thanks for the link! I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read what very well may be the "anti-Twitter": wordy, opinionated, and - as you mentioned - historically infrequent. I'm trying to fix that last thing and the beer posts will become MUCH more frequent in the coming months. I'm glad you found something to like in "The Pour Fool" and would welcome your - and your readers' - feedback, any time!

troysworktable said...

Steve:

My own posting has become more infrequent as I too long for something more than sound bites and status updates. There is something to be cherished in books and essays and longer critiques. Keep up the good work. I have always found "The Pour Fool" to be a great read and a great resource, something I can heartily recommend to others.

Troy.