Saturday, August 22, 2009

GOGO'S CRAZY BONES

The child loves small toys and cartoons. I love small toys and cartoons. Sometimes I have to remember that I am the parent. At other times I need to let the little boy in me have some fun and let loose.

The child and I found packets of small plastic creatures called Gogo's Crazy Bones. They are meant to be collected, traded, battled, et cetera. We split up the ones we bought and played a bunch of silly games with them for a couple of hours. We were both enchanted by their bright colors and shiny little bodies.


The child's Crazy Bones, left to right: Dare, Akita, Ojaku, Fujichik*, and Ufus.


TWT's Crazy Bones, left to right: Ichiro, Okori, Egbot, Aiko, Skull.

---

In this series (Series 1), there appear to be eighty different figures, which can each appear in five different colors. To tap into the idea of collecting, there are also fifteen limited edition characters and five super rare limited edition characters. It appears that the child may have ended up with one of the fifteen limited edition characters in Ufus, since he doesn't look like any of the package or poster pictures of that particular character.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am not a collector. I believe that toys should be played with, so that is exactly what the child and I are doing. And it has been a lot of fun.

---

*The child found it very funny that the "owl" figure is named Fujichik, since our cockatiel is named Fuji.

No comments: