Friday, January 02, 2009

BACON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


Pictured above is a Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie with Maple Cinnamon Glaze.

I made a batch of them this evening. They are pretty tasty. The dough contains dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and bacon. A piece of flexible and fatty bacon adorns the maple cinnamon glaze.

The wife thought the bacon too flavorful and working against the cookie and chocolate flavors. I thought the bacon somewhat understated and wanted more of it to play against the cookie and chocolate. In a nutshell, that sums up our relationship and individual outlooks on life.

---

I found a link to the recipe on a tumblr blog that I visit on occasion—Half a Bubble Off Plumb.

The recipe can be found at neverbashfulwithbutter.com

My cookies don't quite look like the cookies on the original site, but they still taste good.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm speechless. But I'd try it anyway.

troysworktable said...

They were a hit with the father. The father stated that I was probably going to "ruin everything that I love about cookies." Such was not the case, which was a good thing, considering the bold statement!

And I could have done with MORE bacon flavor. A lot of it.