Friday, August 03, 2007

KING'S BOOKS


It was pleasant to be out of the house. The child and I wandered around Tacoma, enjoying wonderful seventy-degree weather. Recent health issues have kept me somewhat homebound, and I was beginning to get "summer" cabin fever.

We ate lunch out, rode the Tacoma Link, wandered around the Tacoma Museum District through the labyrinthine ramps and stairways, and visited King's Books. King's Books is one of the rare gems of Tacoma, and my favorite South Puget Sound bookstore. It carries a good mix of new, used, and rare books. Today, I picked up copies of Javier MarĂ­as's Dark Back of Time and Marvin Bell's Mars Being Red. I am looking forward to both, but especially to Bell's poems since I heard him read many of the poems in Mars Being Red last year. The child picked up a copy of Ellen Stoll Walsh's Mouse Paint.

---

The child also really enjoys King's Books due to their store cats, Harriet and Miko. The child found Miko immediately, which meant a quick rub on his belly. The child spent a good amount of the rest of our time there looking for Harriet or carrying around some of the cat toys in hopes of enticing her. The child never discovered her whereabouts on this visit.

No comments: