Sunday, March 29, 2020

REPORT from PLAGUELAND



Report from Plagueland.

What has gotten me through the past few days.

RUNNING. I've been running through downtown when I can feel the stress and building up within me. When I'm out running, I know I'm burning off cortisol. When the "stay home" part of "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" starts to get to me, I shift momentarily to "stay healthy."

ROUTINE. I make sure I stick to a routine. I get up the same time in the morning. I take my shower, get dressed, put my keys in my pocket. Eat breakfast. Go to work, even if it's now in my basement, and keep my normal work schedule.

READING. I've haven't had the same appetite for books that I had prior, but I still make sure that I read something every day. I need to keep my mind occupied. Poetry. Essays. Short stories. A page or two of The Lucky Star by William T. Vollmann.


No comments: