Sunday, July 03, 2016

STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE IPA


Strawberry Milkshake IPA, an American IPA by the Powerhouse Brewery.

On tap, served in Powerhouse pint glass.

6.2% abv.

---

The pour is a body of rich and hazy butterscotch yellow, with a thin skin of white head.

The nose smells of strawberry, banana, citrus.

The initial notes on the tongue are strawberry, vanilla, light citrus, lightly bitter. As it warms, more milk and cereal notes emerge. (Am I reminded of Frankenberry? Fruity Pebbles? There is some fruity, sugary cereal in my nostalgia memory banks that keeps trying to come forward, but I can't quite identify it.)

The mouthfeel is silky and smooth.

I’d be hard-pressed to describe this as an IPA if I didn’t know better.

This is excellent. It is about as close as I’ve tasted to a beer-as-milkshake in something other than a milk stout. I could drink this every day.

---

I had this paired with the Sriracha Burger and it cut the heat of the burger perfectly. 

No comments: