Friday, May 27, 2016

TITAN

I've been dreaming of Titans. I've been dreaming of Titan arms grabbing at fire and orbs and elements of the cosmos.

Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I wrote. The poem that follows, "Titan," and the chalk piece born of it are rough-and-tumble drafts of dreams.

This first draft of the poem took about 20 minutes. The chalk art took about the same amount of time.

I've alternated details of the chalk art and the lines of the poem.

---

TITAN



The Titan’s hand
holds a fruit of the kosmos

orb      star      sphere

gem of immense beauty
oracle of end      and death



The Titan’s mouth
parts to reveal an abyss
maw      mouth      mere
saw of shark teeth
row upon row      upon row



swallow stones

and shit into the street

new life

Olym-

pians

---

View more photographs of "Titan" HERE.

No comments: