Sunday, July 29, 2012

MOVABLE FEAST

We met some friends in Tacoma and walked from their house to Cheney Stadium for Tacoma's inaugural food truck festival, The Movable Feast.  The parking lot was filled with food trucks, seating, multitudes of hungry people, bands, bouncy houses for the kids, and much more.


I settled on Choripan, intrigued by the concept of Argentine street food, and I was not disappointed.


The chorizo sandwich I had was near perfect.  A toasted baguette held spicy chorizo sausage, sliced in half; aioli, chimichurri, harissa, rajas, red peppers, yellow peppers, and cilantro.  Flavorful, spicy, and nicely balanced begin to explain this sandwich before all words finally fail to describe it.

---

I also enjoyed ginger pork and lemongrass chicken lumpia, salted caramel ice cream on a waffle cone, Mexican Coca-Cola, as well as tasted chocolate-covered banana lumpia, empenadas, and Kahlua-marinated pulled pork.

---

I will be attending the next local food truck festival I can find.

No comments: