Monday, March 07, 2011

SMALL CHAIR


I found an "electronic book" that I actually find myself reading on a regular basis. Small Chair is the iPod/iPhone application wing of the McSweeney's empire (McSweeney's Quarterly, The Believer, Wholphin, McSweeney's Internet Tendency, and the like). For $5.99 per six month subscription (only $1 per month!), I receive all of the Internet Tendency posts formatted for my iPod and content sent just to Small Chair subscribers. Some of that additional format may appear in some of the other McSweeney's media, in a slightly different format, but some of it seems to be truly exclusive.

I still cannot imagine reading an entire book on my iPod, but the short two to five minute bursts of reading that I get done while waiting in a line or eating breakfast are well worth my time, effort, and dollars.

No comments: