Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MY TWO MELVILLES


My two Melvilles: Herman and Troy.

I will be reading my poem "My Two Melvilles" to Herman Melville as Herman Melville when I participate in An Evening of Paper. Join me this Saturday (15 May 2010) from 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. at The Chapel in the Good Shepherd Center, Wallingford (a neighborhood of Seattle, Washington). Copies of the poems I read will be available as a chapbook for one dollar.

---



From the Pilot Books website:

Truculent or translucent tendencies for abstraction?

Welcome to The Chapel, Saturday May 15, 5:30-10:30pm.

Join Pilot Books and the Wayward Music Series for An Evening of Paper—unfolding as probable and improbable geography of the arts. Creative events auteur Sharon Alexander has arranged a montage of ideas, images and sounds for your experience and enjoyment.

Readings by Stacey Levine, Em Kanskje, Evelyn Hampton, Jarret Middleton, William Allegrezza, Summer Robinson, Tyler Holm, local zinesters and special guests. Music, field recordings and soundscapes by Wilson Shook, John Teske, Moriah Neils, Ryan Rood and assorted improvisors.

Short films . . . tea and oranges . . . sunset and stained glass.

Invite your friends, and all our friends will meet and talk.

The Chapel in the Good Shepherd Center is located at 4649 Sunnyside Avenue North in Wallingford.

http://waywardmusic.blogspot.com

No comments: