Thursday, November 12, 2009

THE MAGIC CROCK-POT


I arrived home after work to an empty house. I could smell something cooking, but no one was around. The wife and the child were away at a cooking class.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a loaf of bread sitting on the cutting board. A handwritten note upon it read "Please bake me!" Being (1) good at following directions and (2) hungry, I preheated the oven and placed the bread therein.


Glancing over at the opposite counter, I spied the origin of the wonderful smell. It was a Crock-Pot® filled with Guinness Beef Stew. I opened the lid and stirred the contents of the pot around.

When the bread was done, I ladled up a bowl of potatoes, carrots, eggplant, beef, and broth and sat down to eat. I was just finishing my stew, my hunk of bread, and my Alaskan Winter Ale when the child and the wife returned home. They filled up their own bowls and we spent ten minutes together before I was off to my writing group, to share some new pieces and dream about the Magic Crock-Pot® at home.

No comments: