Friday, September 25, 2009

WHITE RIVER DGC FRONT NINE

It was a beautiful fall day at White River Disc Golf Course. The child and I arrived at 10:30 a.m. to find no fog and no people, both of which seemed to be in abundance just about everywhere but at White River DGC. The course was literally deserted of disc golfers other than us during our entire front nine.


Hole #1 - the view from the tee.


Hole #1 - throw number two looks like it will be a thumber through the gap. Four throws total.


Hole #2 - throw number two needs to go over the stump and drop down and in, theoretically. Four throws total.


Hole #3 - the view from the tee. My Avenger SS (Super Straight) lived up to its name and went right down the middle of the fairway. Three throws total.


Hole #4 - getting ready for throw number two. For some reason, hole number 4 for the winter version of the course is already up, so I played it rather than summer #4 (The Devourer of Discs). Four throws total.


Hole #5 - the view from the tee. I played a nice recovery on this hole, throwing a thumber over a screen of small trees to get back onto the fairway. Four throws total.


Hole #6 - someone slapped these handmade vinyl stickers up on the pole of each basket, except for hole #18.


Hole #6 - good advice. Four throws total.


Hole #7 - preparing for throw number two from twenty-five feet away. Three throws total.


Hole #8 - the view from the tee. I sent my initial drive sailing down the fairway and hooking to the left at the end. It landed nineteen feet from the basket and I putted it in on my second throw. Two throws total.


Hole #9 - the view from the tee. My initial drive bent to the left down the fairway and around the trees, even missing trunks and branches I was sure would stop it. I just missed having back-to-back birdies from twenty-five feet away. Three throws total.

---

Hole 1 - 4
Hole 2 - 4
Hole 3 - 3
Hole 4 - 4
Hole 5 - 4
Hole 6 - 4
Hole 7 - 3
Hole 8 - 2
Hole 9 - 3
Front nine - 31 (+4)

Total - 62 (+8)

No comments: