Friday, June 26, 2009

WHITE RIVER DISC GOLF COURSE


Putting on hole #10. (Photograph by The Child.)

---

The child and I headed out to White River disc golf course for some disc golf this morning. The weather was perfect: sunny but not too warm (mid- to upper-60s). The course was sparsely populated this early in the day (all the younger folk were sleeping in).

I went out with advice from Liz Lopez of Team Discraft bouncing around in my head. To paraphrase her, bad shots are going to happen, so you need to move on and be happy to be playing. I decided that every shot was going to be a learning experience.

---

It seemed to help. I played a 66 (+12) from the red tee pads.

Hole 1 - 4
Hole 2 - 5
Hole 3 - 3
Hole 4 - 3
Hole 5 - 4
Hole 6 - 4
Hole 7 - 4
Hole 8 - 4
Hole 9 - 3
Front nine - 34 (+7)

Hole 10 - 3
Hole 11 - 4
Hole 12 - 3
Hole 13 - 4
Hole 14 - 3
Hole 15 - 3
Hole 16 - 4
Hole 17 - 4
Hole 18 - 4
Back nine - 32 (+5)

Total - 66 (+12)

I played more confidently. I wasn't worried about hitting trees or sending a disc into the river. When I did hit a tree or send a shot into the brush, I thought about how I was going to get to the basket.

---

So, thank you Liz Lopez for your advice. It helped me to play a better round today.

No comments: