Thursday, June 25, 2009

FATHER'S DAY GIFT


Left: top of box; right: bottom of box

The child (with the help of the wife) made me my gift this Father's Day. It is a recycled plastic container that has beer bottle labels glued to it. It was intended as a place to store all of my beer bottle caps. I save them and turn them into "business cards" for my blog. Some of the reused bottle caps are handed out to interested individuals, while others are left as a calling card in geocaches that we visit.

The child and the wife:

(1) saved, cleaned, and prepared a salad greens container;

(2) dug around through our brown glass recyclables garbage can;

(3) selected bottles of different brands and styles of beer;

(4) delicately removed the labels from the bottles;

(5) glued the labels to the container;

(6) wrapped up the box and gave it to me for Father's Day.

I put this awesome gift to immediate use. There will no longer be piles of bottle caps in the kitchen window. I promise.

No comments: