Friday, March 27, 2009

SIDEWINDER


My third disc golf disc—an Innova Champion Sidewinder distance driver disc. Translucent neon red, 165 grams.

---

I haven't used my Sidewinder in too much actual play. I have been trying to really figure out how my Stingray works.

I have been getting up early many mornings to walk a couple of miles before work. This allows me to take my discs with me and throw them a few times in some of the city parks I pass. This is where and when I am figuring out the flight characteristics of each of my two discs.

---

The child and I headed out to White River today for a round of disc golf. I played a fairly respectful 76. (Each hole is par 3. The total course par is 54.) Not too shabby for a beginner. I was pleased with my overall performance and didn't curse too often.

Hole 1 - 4
Hole 2 - 3
Hole 3 - 4
Hole 4 - 3
Hole 5 - 5
Hole 6 - 5
Hole 7 - 5
Hole 8 - 4
Hole 9 - 4
Front nine - 37

Hole 10 - 4
Hole 11 - 3
Hole 12 - 4
Hole 13 - 5
Hole 14 - 4
Hole 15 - 5
Hole 16 - 6
Hole 17 - 4
Hole 18 - 4
Back nine - 39

Total - 76

I played my Stingray almost exclusively, only pulling out the Sidewinder on a few long open fairways (4, 5, 17, 18). I even unexpectedly, and to the great delight of the child ("Roller! Roller! Roller!"), threw a roller on hole 4, which set me up for a perfect approach and an easy putt.

No comments: