Monday, September 29, 2008

LES SARDINES



Dear Reader:

Where am I? Why am I not posting? Why does something smell fishy?

The answer to all three questions is: Les sardines, baby. My summer writing workshop has transformed into a writing group named Les sardines. Currently, there are seven of us meeting in Seattle twice per month to provide feedback, accountability, and support for one another as we write. Therefore, I am writing, reading, researching, reading, reading, and writing some more.

Why Les sardines? Why not? I didn't come up with the name, but I absolutely gave it my rubber stamp of approval. I like the strangeness and surreality and mystery surrounding the name. I like the semi-anonymity that it affords. I like the potential imagery.

Now, I need to find out what kind of beer goes well with small (sometimes salted) fish...

2 comments:

Marc said...

Good luck with your writing group! Just don't get too smelly eating all those little fish. :)

troysworktable said...

I hope I don't really have to eat the sardines. I just want the beer that would accompany them!