Sunday, November 04, 2007

DISSECTION OF A DAY—AN OVERVIEW

Yesterday was one of those almost perfect days, where nothing overly spectacular happens yet the sum of the whole is greater than its parts.

*The child and I visited Susie J. Lee's Refrain exhibit at Lawrimore Project.

*The child and I had pizza with the friend D. at Amante Pizza and Pasta.

*The child and I visited the Frye Art Museum and were able to view Patricia Piccinini's Hug exhibit.

*I listened once again to Radiohead's In Rainbows album, especially enjoying "Bodysnatchers."

*I started Brock Clarke's An Arsonist's Guide to the Homes of New England Writers.

*I went to a beer tasting at 99 Bottles, which focused on dubbels, tripels, and trappist ales, led by Stu Stuart of Belgian Beer Me!

*I came home to the smell of cooking steak instead of the expected chicken.

*The wife and I played some Oxford Dilemma Dice, which I won, and some Master Boggle, which I did not.

*I gained an extra hour of sleep.

All in all, as close to paradise on earth as I can imagine. I was able to live BOOKS. ART. BEER. with some of my favorite people.

No comments: