Monday, May 28, 2007

EXHAUSTION

For some time, the wife has been talking about moving the bookcases of our home library to a different room of the house, in order to make a play room for the child. A three day weekend seemed the perfect time to tackle such a task.

Step one: Strip books from, and disassemble, the first bookcase.

Step two: Move the pieces to the new room.

Step three: Reassemble components into bookcase.

Step four: Attempt to stand bookcase back up, only to realize that bookcase is too tall for new location.

Step five: Grumble, curse, stomp around, and brainstorm.

Step six: Disassemble bookcase again.

Step seven: Set up table and tools outside for fun with circular saw.

Step eight: Cut one inch from base of bookshelf sides and front.

Step nine: Reassemble bookcase once more.

Step ten: Repeat appropriate steps for all bookcases, especially focusing on step five, until completed.

Step eleven: Replace all books.

Needless to say, I have been so tired at the end of each of the past three days that I haven't read any of the stories or books in which I am currently immersed. But, at least the library is relocated. I once again have a place to read and relax.

1 comment:

lemurs said...

Ah, reminds me of putting up my giant booksehelves some months ago, except without as much swearing because I had the foresight (this time) to measure :)

So, where ya been and how'd you find me?