Tuesday, August 01, 2006

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO GET, HOW TO GET TO SESAME STREET?



Which one of these is not like the others? Which one of these does not belong?

The child and I went out on one of our wanderings this evening. There was really no purpose initially, except to visit Fred Meyer for baby wipes. Soon, however, I got the idea in my head that I would take some pictures of the graffiti that flourishes along the Riverfront Trail. I quickly discovered that the Parks & Recreation crews have been very busy over the past few days. The majority of the graffiti had been painted over or scrubbed away by diligent city employees. Except down by my house. Three of the four photos were taken within 200 yards of my front door, and the esp tag is only 1/2 mile away. But that is not what makes one of them different. The jilt, esp, and ofa tags have been missed in past graffiti cleanup days. But that is not what makes one of them different. The GV↑15 tag was missed in those cleanups as well. The GV↑15 tag is different because it was made by a locate company that works for the utility companies, and therefore is legitimate "street art" in the eyes of the city employees. So, it gets to stay no matter what!

The child didn't seem to care much for the explanation either, but she did dance to the song...

No comments: